There’s a lot to like about the DocuMate 262 – the faster, better, easier-to-use workgroup scanner solution. 30% faster than the leading brand workgroup scanner in duplex mode, the DocuMate 262 is the price and performance leader in its category. It also includes a powerful suite of applications that improve image quality, OCR accuracy, and document management. And its revolutionary One Touch scanning and small compact size make it easy to use on any desktop or in any department.
The DocuMate 262 quickly handles many different tasks at hand – right at the desktop. It has a 50-page automatic document feeder that scans up to 66 images per minute using dual CCDs – doubling your speed and productivity for two-sided documents.
The DocuMate 262’s powerful software, robust functionality, and hardware specifications deliver the speed and quality you would expect from a more expensive scanner. A searchable PDF feature lets you send, copy, paste, re-use, and highlight text while maintaining the integrity of the original document image.
The bundled Kofax VRS software provides such capabilities as autoexposure and wide angle de-skew. VRS also helps improve the accuracy of recognition software, thereby reducing the need for manual correction of intelligent character recognition and OCR results.
The DocuMate 262 also features:
• 600 dpi optical resolution
• 48-bit internal color
• Hi-Speed USB 2.0 interface
And document size is not an issue for the DocuMate 262. It scans everything from business cards and photos up to legal-size documents, with superior image quality.
The DocuMate 262’s One Touch technology scans from the desktop to nine different customizable applications or devices, and documents can be converted to text-searchable PDF in one easy step. Now you can instantly search documents for keywords or phrases.
The DocuMate 262’s one-step installation is a snap with the plug and play Hi-Speed USB 2.0 port. And its small footprint, just 6" x 13", makes it ideal for the desktop.
One Touch Scanning Boosts Productivity
The DocuMate 262’s One Touch technology lets you send documents to nine preselected or user-defined destinations, eliminating up to 12 steps in the scanning process. Think improved speed, performance, and most importantly, productivity.
Superior Image Quality and OCR Accuracy
Get superior results with Kofax VirtualReScan, an award winning, patented technology that automatically ensures the best possible image quality and OCR accuracy for scanned document images. As pages pass through the scanner, VRS performs a multipoint inspection of each document, instantly checking and adjusting alignment (skew), brightness, contrast, and image clarity.
Scan to Text-Searchable PDF
Transform volumes of paper or photos into organized digital files that you can quickly find, use, and share. In PDF format, you can instantly search documents for keywords or phrases. This gives them additional archival benefits beyond traditional storage, and the widely accepted PDF format lets everyone view and print documents – on any computer.
Convert Existing Files to PDF
The DocuMate 262’s PaperPort Pro Office software lets users convert existing electronic files to PDF for storage or transfer. Supported file types include Microsoft Office, Corel, and AutoDesk documents, as well as the popular TIF, MAX, JPG, and BMP formats.
Complete Batch Scanning, Image Manipulation, and Multipage Support
The included QuickScan Demo Version software provides all the necessary capabilities for high-speed ISIS based scanning, image enhancement, viewing, annotation, and printing of images for both black-and-white and color pages. Developed by Pixel Translations, the creators of ISIS, QuickScan's strengths include features such as batch scanning, PDF support, image manipulation, multipage support, and more.
Select Multiple Document Destinations
DocuMate 262’s One Touch feature lets you send documents to preselected destinations, including searchable PDF. Quickly turn PDF files and stacks of papers into easily editable word processing and spreadsheet documents.
Compatible With More Than 250 ISIS-Certified Applications
ISIS drivers certified by Pixel Translations ensure that the DocuMate 262 functions properly with the more than 250 commercially available ISIS-compatible imaging and document management applications.
- 33 pages per minute and 66 images per minute* in duplex mode
- Holds up to 50 pages in ADF
- One Touch® scans directly to PDF
- One Touch® eliminates up to 12 steps in scanning documents
- Superior image quality and OCR accuracy with Acuity® software
- Documents can be scanned to network drives for sharing
- Small footprint fits easily on the desktop
- Scanner Type: Sheetfed
- Speed @ 200 dpi, b&w, simplex: 33 ppm
- Speed @ 200 dpi, b&w, duplex: 66 ipm
- Speed @ 150 dpi, color: Up to 33 ppm simplex / 42 ipm duplex
- Scan Method: Fast Duplex Sheetfed
- Optical Resolution: 600 dpi
- Output Bit Depth: 24-bit color, 8-bit grayscale
- ADF Capacity: 50 sheets (20 lb. paper)
- ADF Maximum Paper Size: 8.5" x 14" in
- ADF Minimum Paper Size: 3.5" x 2" in
- Interface: USB 2.0 (1.1 compatible)
- Duty Cycle: 3000 pages/day
- Drivers: TWAIN, Certified ISIS
- Supported Operating Systems (OneTouch 4): Windows 7, Vista, XP (SP2)
- Visioneer OneTouch Technology: Yes
- Image Enhancement Technology: Kofax VRS Basic
- Power Supply UK/Europe Plugs: No
- Power Consumption (active): 30 Watt
- Dimensions: 13" x 6.5" x 6.38" (W×D×H)
- Weight: 8.6 lbs.
Minimum System Requirements
- Pentium® IV equivalent processor
- Windows® 2000 (SP4) / XP (SP2) / Vista
- 512 MB of RAM (1 GB for Vista)
- 350 MB of available hard disk space
- CD/DVD-ROM drive
- USB Port
- DocuMate 262
- Power Supply
- USB 2.0 Cable
- Quick Install Card
- Technical Support Card
- User's Manual
- CD-ROM including:
- Nuance PaperPort
- Nuance OmniPage Pro
- Visioneer OneTouch
- EMC/Captiva QuickScan Demo
Prices, features, specifications, capabilities, appearance and availability of Xerox products and services are subject to change without notice.
Xerox® and DOCUMATE® are trademarks of Xerox Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.