Advance Exchange Warranty Terms and Conditions include but are not limited to:
The term of this contract commences at date of product purchase and is inclusive of the manufacturer's warranty; it does not replace the manufacturer's warranty, but provides certain additional benefits during the term of the manufacturer's warranty. After the manufacturer's warranty expires, this Service Contract continues to provide the manufacturer's benefits as well as certain additional benefits listed within this Service Contract.
Should technical support determine that your unit would need an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization), Advance Exchange Warranty customers are entitled to receive an advance overnight replacement. For this service, a credit card from the customer is used as collateral. The credit card is first charged the list price of the scanner plus shipping. Then a replacement is sent out. A customer may then use the packaging received to return their defective unit and obtain a full credit back to the credit card. Hardware replacements are provided after prior authorization from one of our technical support agents, and a valid Return Material Authorization (RMA) number is issued. Defective units must be returned within 14 days of the replacement's delivery date in order to receive credit back to the credit card. All packages arriving at our repair center must have a valid RMA number clearly posted outside on the packaging box.
If On-Site service is included with your contract, it will be provided as long as Your residence is located within thirty (30) miles of one of Our authorized servicers. You will be responsible for excess mileage charges when your product is located more than thirty (30) miles from one of Our authorized servicers. You must provide a safe, non-threatening environment for Our technicians in order to receive On-Site service. Due to environmental and technical requirements, if certain repairs cannot be completed in Your residence or where the product is otherwise located and must be repaired at another location, this contract will cover all shipping and handling costs.
Service Contract Limits of Liability
The total payment(s) for all claims under this Service Contract shall not exceed the original purchase price of the covered product(s), excluding taxes. If We determine that the covered Product(s) is not repairable, We may replace the covered Product with a product of like kind and quality, not to exceed the original purchase price of the covered Product. If the covered Product is replaced after the expiration of the manufacturer's warranty, this Service Contract is considered fulfilled.
Service Contract Holder's Responsibilities
You must follow the instructions for use in the owner's manual of Your Product. You must have Your Product maintained in accordance with the manufacturer's recommendations, as outlined in the owner's manual. Failure to follow the manufacturer's maintenance and service recommendations may result in the denial of coverage under this Service Contract. If this Service Contract provides On-Site or In-Home Service, You may be responsible for excess mileage charges if the covered Product is located more than thirty (30) miles from the nearest authorized service provider. We bly recommend (but do not require as a condition of this Contract) the regular back up of data and software. This contract does not cover the cost of data recovery or other consequential or incidental damages.
You may be asked to provide proof of purchase as a condition for receiving service under this Service Contract. YOUR ORIGINAL PURCHASE RECEIPT SHOULD BE KEPT WITH THIS SERVICE CONTRACT IN A SAFE PLACE.
Exclusions - What Is Not Covered
- Normal maintenance, cleaning, or tune-ups
- Cosmetic defects or damage (such as cracked cases and broken hinges) or defects that do not inhibit the proper operation and performance of the covered items
- Repair or replacement covered by any other warranty, service agreement, or insurance policy in effect at the time of the failure
- Repair or replacement due to failure to properly install, operate, maintain, or clean the covered Product in accordance with the local codes and the manufacturer's printed instructions, or from use in any combinations not approved in the manufacturer's specifications, or from any authorized modifications or alterations
- Repair or replacement due to vandalism, riot, or general environmental conditions, including but not limited to rust, corrosion or mold
- Any service request which results in customer education or no problem found
- Components and products used for commercial purposes
- Conditions which existed prior to Your purchase and delivery of the Product or the Service Contract. Special, indirect, or consequential damages
- Loss or damage caused by accidental or intentional physical damage, spilled liquids, insect infestation, misuse, abuse or service costs or damage caused by unauthorized repair personnel
- Personal items left in the product to be repaired
- Products that are not listed on the Service Contract
- Theft and loss
- Loss or damage to the covered product while in the course of transit, delivery, or redelivery
- Alteration or removal of the serial number
- Damage resulting from software virus; improper gas or water connections, or electrical wiring and connections; user facilitated minor adjustments and settings outlined in the product's owners manual; external antenna or local reception problems; inaccessible products or parts; negligence
- Failures due to dust, animal or insect damage; acts of God such as fire, water, windstorm, sand, dirt, hail or earthquake; civil disorders; nuclear accident
You may cancel this contract for any reason up to 30 days from date of purchase.