Transforming Problem Paper into a Secure, Integrated Scanning Solution
With old papers come outdated processes. A major government agency in Europe had extreme examples of both. The papers were 150-year-old documents, 800-page-long case notes and onion skin papyrus from 1850. The processes created big bottlenecks and unnecessary steps—including down several flights of stairs with a USB thumb drive full of scans.
After understanding our client’s processes, pain points and needs, we put a solution in place. We didn’t just install Xerox scanners, we implemented a whole new digital workflow. Our client was so pleased with the pilot, they now have 21 Xerox DocuMate high-speed production scanners in the original department, and we’re implementing a broader innovation roadmap, including a cloud connector to Amazon Web Services.
Read these highlights, and view the case study for more.
• Scanners are in constant use, scanning around 7,000 images per scanner a day, though they can handle up to 40,000
• Process steps are eliminated—no more trips downstairs with a thumb drive
• Scanner operators save around 45 minutes a day
• Misfeeds have gone way down
• Digital solution is integrated and fully secure
See how Xerox© Production Scanners can help you handle digital transformation, mailroom capture and archiving projects.