PARTNER INSIGHTS: Digital mail technology for the modern workplace with Xerox Scanners and OMG
A company’s mailroom can play a critical role in the day-to-day operation of the business, with key customer communications and timely information-sharing at the core. Unfortunately, mailroom processes are often manual, time-consuming, and costly, with a heavy labor, technology and real estate burden.
With Onsite Management Group’s (OMG) Digital Mail offering along with Xerox Scanners technology, customers can access mail and documents quickly and efficiently, no matter the location. OMG’s Digital Mail solution automates the processing of incoming mail using cutting-edge document scanning, OCR/ICR capture technology, and direct delivery to your inbox. The solution is designed to help save time and money, without additional budget allocation.
Consolidating Multiple Mailrooms
Consider this scenario: Your organization has mailrooms in four different locations (occupying prime real estate), with three mailroom clerks in each center manually processing an average of five tubs of mail per day. Manual processes lack any “chain of command” (i.e. capturing when mail is delivered, opened and processed) nor an effective solution for delivering mail to remote and hybrid workers.
OMG’s approach is to document the processes and costs associated with mail in their current state. We will access and study:
- Time study the processing of physical mail
- Number of full-time employees
- Number of mail stops
- Postage & delivery costs
- Physical layout and square footage
- Postal equipment capacity & TCO
From there, a true comparison of the current state to a digitized and automated future state is possible, capturing the total cost savings potential. OMG provides a solution on a per-scan pricing model that includes software-as-a-service (SaaS) UbiMAIL software for intelligent capture, UbiDOCS powered by Xerox® DocuShare® for document repository, Xerox® Scanners hardware and an UbiDOCS Specialist for prepping, scanning, and processing.
VIDEO: Digital Mail in Action
Recommended Xerox Scanners
Xerox W130 with Network & Imprinter
- Speeds up to 135 ppm / 270 ipm
- 100,000-page daily duty cycle
- 500-page adjustable input tray*
- USB or Gigabit Ethernet connectivity to PC
- Visioneer VAST Network© technology with TWAIN Direct®
- Visioneer® OneTouch, Capture SE** and Organizer AI** applications
- Kofax® Certified Driver
- Cerner Validated
- TAA, EPEAT™, and EnergyStar® Compliant
- Imprinter Included
Upon implementation, expected savings would include:
- Four mailroom centers reduced to one
- 12 mail clerk positions reduced to two UbiDOCS Specialists
- Four pieces of postage equipment reduced to one
- Required office space reduced from 10,000 sq. ft. to 2,500 sq. ft.
- 1.5 tons of junk mail per month eliminated from the system
- Cash flow improvement from scanning at the point of entry instead of sorting and scanning in the department
- Postage fees reduced by 75%
- Ability to deliver digitized mail to remote and hybrid workers
- Inter-office mail greatly enhanced with chain-of-custody and reduced time to process
- Overall budget for mailroom operations reduced by 20%
For more on OMG solutions with Xerox Scanners, contact your Xerox Scanners Sales Specialist.