Xerox Scanners End-of-Life Policy
Products may reach the end of their life cycle due to market demand, product maturity, supplier availability, or technology performance improvements and innovations. To ensure that our customers are offered and deploy current state technology, we periodically review product offerings to determine whether these considerations require a product’s retirement. The policy below outlines the end-of-life policy for Xerox scanners to help customers better manage their end-of-life transition and to understand the role that we can play in moving to new or alternative products for their technology environment.
This End-of-Life Policy only applies to End-of-Sale announcements globally and in all channels on or after July 1, 2019 for all Xerox document scanners manufactured and sold by Visioneer Inc., a Xerox Trademark Licensee. The Policy does not apply to any such product that is already in End-of-Life status as of July 1, 2019. It does not apply to MFPs and printing products manufactured and sold by Xerox Corporation or Fuji Xerox Co. Ltd., and makes no assertions on behalf of Xerox Corporation or Fuji Xerox Co Ltd.
Our general policy practices are:
- As a general rule, Visioneer will provide 6 months' notice of the affected product's End-of-Sale date and/or the last day when the affected product can be ordered. This notice will appear on the Xerox Scanners site at https://www.xeroxscanners.com/eol-listing.asp. There will also be a notice of the product availability status and direction to any applicable replacement product on the product web page.
- If a customer has registered a product entering its End-of-Sale notification period at Xeroxscanners.com, they will receive written notification of the future End-of-Sale date with the reason of the discontinuance decision and, if available, a recommended replacement product. We cannot guarantee that a product will be available through the full End-of-Sale notification period.
- For registered customers with warranty support, access to Visioneer’s Xerox Scanners Technical Support will be for a period of 5 years from the End-of-Sale date.
- For registered customers with warranty support, spares or replacement parts for hardware (per Visioneer Warranty Policy) will be available for a period of 5 years from the End-of-Sale date. We will provide spares and replacement parts in accordance with our Return Materials Authorization (RMA) process.
- Customers will need to ensure that they have a current active original manufacturer’s warranty or extended warranty contract with Visioneer. Please contact your Account Manager or Customer Service regarding pricing for warranty coverage during the end-of-life period so that we can support you through the end-of-life transition period.
- Below are guidelines that should be followed to ensure that you receive effective support for your affected products:
- For hardware that is not covered under warranty, customers may add the product(s) to a current warranty contract or purchase a new warranty contract until 12 months after the end-of-sale date.
- Warranty contracts that have not been renewed or have lapsed after 12 months of end-of-sale date are not renewable.
- Renewal of warranty contracts will generally be available until the last year of support, but will not extend beyond the last date of support.
The standard end-of-life milestones and commitments are shown below.
Standard Guideline for End-of-Life Milestones
|Milestone||-6 Months||Day 0||Year 1||Year 2||Year 3||Year 4||Year 5|
|End-of-Sale notice Period||End-of-Sale Date|
|Add new warranty contracts|
|Renew warranty contracts|
|Technical support *|
|Hardware repair or replacement *|
In some cases, End-of-Sale Notification or End-of-Life periods may be shorter due to external circumstances. In those cases, the End-of-Sale date and End-of-Life dates will be reflected in the listing on the EOL web page documented above as well as any written EOS notifications to specific customers.
End-of-Sale notification: Advance notice that a product will be moving into its End-of-Life Cycle and will not be available for sale in the near future.
End-of-Sale date: The last date to order the product through Visioneer point-of-sale mechanisms. The product is no longer for sale.
End-of-Life period: The product is no longer for sale but is under support for customers with active warranty contracts.
Hardware: The physical document scanner product and its physical components.